Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Personal retreat...

It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do for a room! Every time I paint a room, I am amazed at the transformation. The painting part of it all is the easiest part.. it is just getting to the point where you can paint that takes the longest. Thanks to my Mom-- she helped me make some progress and get my bathroom, kitchen, master bedroom and part of my living room painted!

I was determined to get the master bedroom to a place where I could relax and rejuvenate myself. I figured the rest of my house is going to be a construction zone for the next few months so I needed a room that was halfway decent. Don't get me wrong.. I have a ton of stuff to do still.. but at least it is better than how it looked when i moved in!

Take a look at the Master bedroom before and after...

This is the before... in case you can't tell.. that is a yellow textured wallpaper... the texture looked like snake skin....as a result, when you scored and took it off, it would flake off small yellow dots. Awesome!
















This is me trying out different paint colors...always amazes me at how different the paint looks on the wall. Before I could prime and paint these walls, I had to make sure ALL wall paper was off, then scrubbed each wall to get all the glue residue off the wall, then washed the walls with TSP and then I was ready to prime...















Finally, I picked a color and painted the room.. what a dramatic difference- the new fan/light helps a ton too!! Thanks, Dad, for helping me install that this weekend! I got a bargain at Lowe's. It even has a remote- 100 times better than "clap on, clap off!" I haven't put anything up on the walls.. still trying to figure what I want and wear.. not to mention the challenge of finding custom blinds (at a reasonable price) for those windows above my bed..i'm thinking about making my own roman shades..we will see what kind of fabric I find at the fabric store this coming week..

1 comment: