Monday, August 9, 2010

edamame- refreshing appetizer and relaxing color

Picking out paint colors is one of my favorite and one of the most stressful things for me to do. So when I was trying to pick the perfect color for my dining room I decided to look at the names of the colors if I was having a hard time deciding between one or the other. It sounds ridiculous, but I picked my color pretty quickly when I came across Sherwin Williams Edamame!

Take a look at the new chair rail. I found the bamboo chair rail at The Home Depot for $1.50 PER piece! That's right lady and gents-- total of $7.50 for ALL of the chair rail! I had my first power tool experience up at Kelly and Matt's house with the miter saw. After cutting the chair rail, I stained the wood and with an air gun this is the final product..

Take a look at the transition...
before I bought the house 

After closing... empty house, but a lot of work to do! Floors are in bad shape! 


Taking down wallpaper---- terrible experience!


Wallpaper down, walls primed. 


settled on edamame green!


bamboo chair rail unstained. 


a little nail gun did the trick!


the "finished" product-- for now anyway! Notice the new light fixture too! It's starting to come together!!



No comments:

Post a Comment