Monday, August 9, 2010

Two words: Moving sales!

I have quickly learned that when decorating a house from scratch it takes a lot of patience. It takes even more patience when trying to do it on a budget. It is amazing how $$ some things can be (a beautiful mirror for your dining room can run you anywhere from $50-$200 depending on where you look!). So I have quickly learned that you have to ready to pounce on a good deal when you see one! For example- take a look at my fireplace before I bought this house...


did i mention that the photo is 3-D! I know..you are jealous.


and this is after! ignore the flower paintings..still trying to figure out where exactly to put them in the family room. But the lamps I found at a moving sale and the mirror I got a a consignment shop for $10!!! I may even spice it up by spray painting the trip. Mantle is not completely done, but a huge improvement over the 'before'

I didn't really know where I was going to put the lamps and mirror when I bought them, but they were such good deals and I figured two staples that I would be able to find a spot for them no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment